Marilyn Wiley, Dean
Tracy Dietz, Associate Dean for Assessment and Academic Reporting
Desiree Robison, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs
Ananth Seetharaman, Accounting
Marcia Staff, Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Law
Mary Jones, Information Technology and Decision Sciences
Lew Taylor, Management
Jeff Sager, Marketing and Logistics
(based on Fall 2013 numbers)
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) / Bachelor of Science (BS)||4,846|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||334|
|Master of Science (MS)||265|
(based on Fall 2013 numbers)
|Out of State||3%|
Points of Pride
- The College of Business has been continuously accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 1961.
- The CoB offers 16 undergraduate degree programs, 22 MBA/MS programs, and 7 Ph.D. programs.
- The College of Business is among the thirty largest business schools in the nation.
- The logistics and supply chain management program is ranked 6th in North America according to Gartner, Inc. for undergraduate supply chain programs. It was highlighted as a top upstart for its "potent combinations of curricula and required internship participation." The graduate program is also ranked 24th among U.S. graduate supply chain programs, according to Gartner, Inc.
- The part-time MBA program was listed in the Best Graduate Schools 2013 rankings by U.S. News and World Report.
- The accounting undergraduate and master's programs are among the Top 50 according to Public Accounting Report rankings.
- UNT is recognized as a National Center of Excellence for Information Quality Assurance Education, and the ITDS Department offers NSA-approved certificates in security through its undergraduate and master's degree programs.
- UNT received a nearly $1 million dollar grant from the National Science Foundation to provide scholarships for doctoral students to study cybersecurity and information assurance in UNT's College of Engineering, College of Business, and College of Information.
- The BBA in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management and the MBA with an Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management concentration degree programs fully align with the Society of Human Resource Management's (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidelines.
- Our students, many of whom work full-time, appreciate the "learn today, apply tomorrow" classroom philosophy and pedagogy of our faculty.
- The online MBA program was ranked 15th overall by U.S. News and World Report.
- UNT is part of the CFA Institute University Recognition Program, which positions finance students to obtain a Chartered Financial Analyst® designation.
- UNT was ranked ninth in CEO-Producing Universities in the DFW area by the Dallas Business Journal.
- The Northwestern Mutual Integrated Business Case Competition and a Logistics course on globally displaced workgroups have been recognized with the Bobby G. Bizzell Innovative Achievement Award by the Southwestern Business Deans' Association.
- The Risk, Insurance and Financial Services Program - Financial Services Track is a Certified Financial Planner Board Registered Program.
- The Logistics Aviation program, which launched in Fall 2010, is the first of its kind in the state of Texas.
- The CoB offers a 36-hour accelerated online MBA program to allow for flexibility with students' demanding schedules. The program consists of 8-week courses with 5 available start dates.
- The Business Leadership Building, opened in Fall 2011, will meet our growing needs in terms of technology, curriculum and enrollment. The $70 million facility will accommodate the College's anticipated growth to 8,000 students and 140 faculty members.
The College of Business offers 18 undergraduate degree programs, 22 MBA/MS programs, and 7 Ph.D. programs.
|Undergraduate Programs||Graduate Programs|
Bachelor of Business Administration programs
Master of Business Administration programs
Accelerated Online Program in Strategic Management
Accounting - Audit Concentration
The College of Business offers 6 undergraduate certificate programs. Click here for a comprehensive list of available certificates.
By The Numbers
|Fall 2013 newly admitted students||Student Organizations|
Student/Faculty Ratio: 38.7:1MBA
Average Age: 29 yrs
Average Age: 34 yrsALUMNI
AAAE - American Association of Airport Executives Student Chapter
AIS - Association for Information Systems
ALPFA - Association of Latin Professionals in Finance and Accounting
Alpha Eta Rho - International Aviation Fraternity
Alpha Kappa Psi - Business Fraternity
AMA - American Marketing Association
ASCEND - Pan-Asian Business Organization
Beta Alpha Psi - Business Honor Society
Beta Gamma Sigma - Business Honor Society
College of Business Ambassadors
Delta Sigma Pi - Co-Ed Business Fraternity
Enactus - Students in Entrepreneurial Action
FMA - Financial Management Association
Gamma Iota Sigma - Fraternity
IMA - Institute of Management Accountants
InfORMS - The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
ISM - Institute for Supply Management
ISACA/IIA/ACFE - ISACA/Institute of Internal Auditors/Associate of Certified Fraud Examiners
LogSA - Logistics Student Association
Mu Kappa Tau - Marketing Honor Society
National Association of Black Accountants
Phi Chi Theta - Co-Ed Fraternity in Business and Economics
Professional Leadership Program
Real Estate Club
SHRM - Society for Human Resource Management
SIG - Student Investment Group
WIB - Women in Business
Logistics and supply chain management program ranked 6th in North America for undergraduate supply chain programs (Gartner, Inc.)
Logistics and supply chain management program program is ranked 24th among U.S. graduate supply chain programs (Gartner, Inc.)
Accounting undergraduate and master's programs are among the Top 50 (Public Accounting Report)
Top 25 Best Buy for Online MBA Program (geteducated.com)
Part-time MBA program was listed in the Best Graduate Schools 2013 rankings (U.S. News and World Report)
Online MBA program ranked 18th overall (businessMBA.org), 15th Best Online Degree Program 2016 (U.S. News and World Report) and 9th in Top Online MBA Programs (AffordableCollegesOnline.org)
Institute of Petroleum Accounting
Center for Logistics Education and Research