Mission of the UNT College of Business: To prepare tomorrow’s business leaders in an intellectually stimulating and collegial community through high-quality teaching, research, and service.
To be a premier comprehensive undergraduate business school with a national and international reputation for excellence in research and graduate education.
Demonstrated by honesty, trustworthiness, character and truth
Demonstrated by equity and respect for others
Demonstrated by civility and politeness
Demonstrated by openness
Demonstrated by stakeholder input and participatory decision-making where appropriate
- To provide students with the knowledge to succeed in their chosen field and ensure the development of skills in problem solving, ethical decision making, communications, teamwork, and leadership.
- To produce primarily basic research, with supporting efforts in applied and pedagogical research, that contributes to and complements the mission of UNT CoB.
- To actively pursue external funding opportunities to supplement State of Texas funding.
- To integrate technology throughout UNT CoB to support undergraduate and graduate programs, research and service.
- To attract and develop outstanding students who are dedicated to intellectual excellence.
- To attract, nurture, and retain faculty dedicated to education, scholarship and the mission of UNT CoB.
- To promote service to the College, University, professional field, the State of Texas and local communities.
- To provide opportunities for continued involvement, education, and professional growth of our alumni.