Mission of the UNT College of Business: To prepare tomorrow’s business leaders in an intellectually stimulating and collegial community through high-quality teaching, research, and service.
To achieve a national and international reputation for excellence in research and graduate education, and recognition as a premier comprehensive undergraduate business school.
Demonstrated by honesty, sincerity and trustworthiness
Demonstrated by objectivity and equity
Demonstrated by respectfulness and civility
Demonstrated by openness
Demonstrated by an appreciation of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, solicitation of stakeholder input, and the practice of participatory decision making
- To provide students with the knowledge to succeed in their chosen field and ensure the development of skills in problem solving, ethical decision making, communications, teamwork, and leadership.
- To produce primarily basic research, with supporting efforts in applied and pedagogical research, that contributes to and complements the mission of UNT CoB.
- To actively pursue external funding opportunities to supplement State of Texas funding.
- To integrate technology throughout UNT CoB to support undergraduate and graduate programs, research and service.
- To attract and develop outstanding students who are dedicated to intellectual excellence.
- To attract, nurture, and retain faculty dedicated to education, scholarship and the mission of UNT CoB.
- To promote service to the College, University, professional field, the State of Texas and local communities.
- To provide opportunities for continued involvement, education, and professional growth of our alumni.