The professional field in marketing consists of 19 hours of course work beyond the business foundation courses, plus an additional 12 hours of supporting field courses. A grade of C or above must be earned in each professional field and supporting course completed in residence or transferred to UNT.
The professional field consists of the following courses:
- MKTG 3700: Marketing Metrics
- MKTG 3710: Marketing Research and Information Technology
- MKTG 3881: Personal Professional Development
- LSCM 3960: Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MKTG 4120: Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 4280: Global Marketing Issues and Practice
- MKTG 4330: Product Planning and Brand Mangement
- MKTG 4890: Applied Marketing Problems
Each of the following courses is 3 hours of credit.
- MKTG 3010: Professional Selling**
- MKTG 3660: Advertising Management
- MKTG 3720: Internet Marketing
- LSCM 4360: International Logistics
- MKTG 4520: Strategic Marketing Channels
- LSCM 4530: E-Logistics Supply Chain Management
- LSCM 4560: Transportation Systems (Prerequisite: LSCM 3960)
- MKTG 4600: Retailing
- MKTG 4620: E-Commerce Marketing Tools and Applications
- MKTG 4630: Electronic Retailing and Promotion Strategies
- MKTG 4800: Internship
- MKTG 4810: Special Topics in Marketing or Logistics
** Course will not count for both the business foundation communication course and a supporting course.
Careers in Marketing
For more information on possible jobs and careers, visit the Marketing & Logistics Department.
Click here To view a printable pdf version
For previous catalog year requirements, access the catalog archive.