The UNT Department of Information Technology & Decision Sciences
invites you to attend a distinguished scholar presentation by:
Dr. Tiziano Bursi
Professor of International Marketing,
University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
November 1, 2019
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
About Dr. Bursi:
Dr. Tiziano Bursi earned his doctor’s degree in Economics from the University of Modena (now UNIMORE). At this University he has held several different positions:
-Full Professor of Business Administration (since 1991).
-Program Coordinator of the Bachelor Course “International Business” (1997-2003).
-Member of the Academic Senate (1996-1997).
-Main coordinator for Erasmus Student Mobility Program in the European Union (since 1987)
- Program Coordinator of the course in “International Marketing” (2001-2008). -Program Coordinator of the course in “International Management” (since 2009).
- Main coordinator of ICARO UNIMORE, a Start-up & Innovation program.
- Co-Coordinator of TACC-Training for Automotive Company Creation, a Start-up program in the automotive industry and mobility.
The teaching specialties in UNIMORE are International marketing (in a Bachelor Program) and Internationalization strategies (in a Master Program).
The areas of specializations and research interests are focused on business strategy of small and medium sized firms (directions and methods of development) and industrial districts (structure and transformation processes). Tile, Food and Fashion are the main industries and sectors surveyed. He has done consulting on industry and market analysis for many firms and entrepreneurial associations.
Membership in publishing committee of scientific journals and other memberships.
In addition, Dr. Tiziano Bursi, spends much of his time in a side academic activities as:
- Editorial board Review ‘’Finanza marketing e produzione’’, Egea, University L. Bocconi, Milan.
- Reviewing Committee, ‘’Journal of Marketing trends’’, Marketing Trends Association, Paris- Venice Association.
- Committee Board SIMKT- Italian Society of marketing studies.
- Committee Board of CRIT Research- Center of innovation and technological scouting.
- Committee Board of Associazione PNICube – An Italian University Network for start-up and new firms.
- Committee Board ILO (Industrial Liaison Office), University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
Main Works published.
His works have been published in various books, journals and magazines and he has authored or co-authored textbooks.