THE G. BRINT RYAN COLLEGE OF BUSINESS INVITES YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR BUSINESS PROPOSAL FOR A CHANCE TO WIN UP TO $10,000.
In collaboration with Bruzzy Westheimer, UNT graduate ('65) and longstanding supporter of the university, the Westheimer New Venture Competition will give teams of three UNT Ryan College of Business students the opportunity to present their business ideas in a Shark Tank-like setting.
A five-page proposal must be submitted by midnight on Monday, March 16 for review, and up to five teams will be selected to compete in the final evaluation round. Written summaries will be judged on the basis of quality, originality and potential impact of idea, depth of research and support, and professionalism of writing and presentation.
Finalist presentations will take place on Saturday April 25, 2020.
WINNING PRIZES INCLUDE:
1st place team = $10,000
2nd place team = $5,000
3rd place team = $1,000
All remaining finalists will receive $100, each.
To be eligible to compete, all teams must meet the following criteria:
- Teams must be made up of 3 students.
- ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE FROM THE RYAN COLLEGE OF BUSINESS.
- All participating students must be a sophomore or above.
- Each proposal must be 5 pages, or less (this does not include references or a cover page).
- Each team must submit written summary of their proposed idea or project no later than midnight on Monday, March 16.
All proposals must include the following:
- Introduction – a short background with the key points your business plan will address
- Description of product/service
- Analysis of your market/competition
- Financial breakdown (pro forma financial statement)
- Business development strategy