The application process consists of two steps: Applying to the University of North Texas Toulouse Graduate School, and applying to the College of Business (CoB). Click here download a printable application checklist detailing the information below.
Step 1: Apply to the University of North Texas Toulouse Graduate School
For timely application processing, submit your application and transcripts to the Toulouse Graduate School by the following dates:
October 15 for the following Spring enrollment
June 15 for the following Fall enrollment
April 15 for the following Summer enrollment
- Complete and Submit your Application
Please complete the Texas Common Application at www.applytexas.org. The application fee is $75.
- Request official academic credentials from all colleges and universities you have attended
Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended and must arrive by the application deadline. Contact the colleges and universities you have attended about their processes for providing official transcripts.
By U.S. Postal Service:
Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Toulouse Graduate School
1147 Union Circle, ESSC 354
Denton, TX 76203-5459
The transcripts must show you have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (or equivalent). For a higher chance of successful admission, the GPA shown on the transcript should meet the recommendations below:
GPA requirement for UNT consideration
Graduate applicants to UNT are evaluated holistically, based on specific departmental and program requirements. In the past, successful candidates usually have met certain GPA minima:
- 3.00 GPA in the undergraduate degree for admission to the Master's program.
- Or 3.50 GPA in the undergraduate degree for direct admission to Doctoral programs.
- Or 3.50 GPA in Masters-level studies for admission to Doctoral programs.
Step 2: Apply to the College of Business
- Submit Official GMAT/GRE Scores
- GMAT or GRE scores no more than five (5) years old are required for admission purposes.
- Work experience will not be considered in lieu of exam scores.
- Appropriate test scores are one of many factors utilized in rendering admission decisions.
- The Graduate Programs Office recommends that students sit for the GMAT or GRE exam no later than one month prior to the application deadline to ensure timely reporting of scores.
- For the GMAT visit www.mba.com for scheduling details. The UNT school code for the GMAT is: 6DP-8M-55.
- For the GRE visit http://www.ets.org/ for scheduling details. The UNT school code for the GRE is: 6481.
- A waiver of the GMAT/GRE will be considered for applicants who have an earned doctoral or professional doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution, or its equivalent. A waiver of the GMAT/GRE will be considered for applicants who have an earned master's degree from a regionally accredited institution, or its equivalent, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher on the master's degree. Certain programs may have departmental admission requirements mandating submission of additional materials including standardized test scores.
- A waiver of the GMAT/GRE will be granted for the MBA for students with a bachelor's degree from UNT with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- A waiver of the GMAT/GRE will be considered for UNT Honors College graduates with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Submit Essay
Essay should consist of unique events, life experiences, and qualifications that you feel distinguish your candidacy and will add to the value of the class. This should not exceed 600 to 700 words.
- Submit Resume
The College of Business requires submission of a standard resume detailing work and academic experience.
- Submit Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
Recommendations must be signed, dated, and submitted on company or university letterhead. Alternatively, recommendation forms can be downloaded or picked up in BLB 201. Recommendations must be professional or academic in nature (i.e. written by college professors and/or supervisors and managers). Recommendations are not acceptable from family, friends, clergy, high school teachers/administrators, subordinates, co-workers, etc.
Submit the above documentation to:
College of Business
Graduate Programs Office
1155 Union Circle #311160, Denton, TX 76203 (USPS)
1307 W. Highland St. Room 201, Denton, TX 76201 (UPS/FedEx)
Step 3: Check Status Online
There are two ways to check your application status:
- To check if your transcripts and GMAT/GRE scores have been submitted:
The Toulouse Graduate School will send you an email and pin number to check online at www.my.unt.edu. You will need to activate your EUID with the pin number and click on Admissions Status.
- To check if your supporting documents (essay, resume, letters of recommendation) have been submitted:
Email your full name and UNT Student ID to email@example.com. Enter “Application Status Update” as well as your name and UNT Student ID in the email subject line.