The College of Business offers several 100% online MBA programs. Through these programs, students complete their background, MBA core, and concentration courses in an online format. All MBA programs consist of 36 hours of coursework: 18 hours of MBA Core classes, consistent across all MBA programs, and 18 hours of concentration specific coursework. Students may be assessed with up to 18 hours of background courses in addition to the 36 hours required for an MBA degree. Please visit (link to new page about background courses) for additional information on Background Course Requirements.
Online MBA Programs
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Finance
- Accelerated MBA in Strategic Management*
- Accelerated MBA in Organizational Behavior*
*Courses in the Accelerated Online MBA Programs are offered in eight week sessions.
Some online courses require proctored examinations, which can be taken in person at the UNT Denton campus or arranged at a location near the student. The 36 hours of coursework for each 100% online MBA degree consist of the same courses required for the respective traditional MBA program.
***NOTE:Instructors determine whether proctored examinations are required for their courses. Proctored examinations must be arranged by the student and supervised at an official testing center at a community college, college, university, or approved third-party provider at the student’s expense.
To apply for the online MBA program:
- Follow the admission requirements at: cob.unt.edu/programs/masters/admission
- Applicants interested in the Accelerated Online MBA programs should follow the admission requirements listed at http://accelerateyourmba.unt.edu/content/how-apply.
- Submit an Online Request Form for MBA in Marketing and MBA in Finance to:
UNT College of Business
Graduate Programs Office
1155 Union Circle #311160
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Online MBA Degrees: Policies
- Instructors determine whether proctored examinations are required for their courses. If required, the Instructor shall establish a window of at least 48-hours for students to take off-site proctored examinations. This window opens, at the instructor’s discretion, either when the instructor sets a starting date and time, or when the instructor administers the counterpart live examination at UNT. Proctored examinations shall last no longer than those taken live at UNT, shall cover the same material, and are arranged at the student's expense.
- Students who opt for one of the online MBA degree programs may register for online courses during a designated time period BEFORE all other students. Online students will get first choice of classes. This assures seat availability in these classes for online students.