Each year students have the opportunity to travel abroad with faculty members for class credit. To be eligible, students must be enrolled in designated classes and be pre-approved for participation with the UNT Study Abroad Office.
A limited number of scholarships are available for College of Business students enrolled in faculty-led study abroad courses. Students must complete an online application (below) and include a one-page essay demonstrating financial need and how the scholarship will impact their study abroad experience.
Each study abroad program offers 3 $1000 scholarships to College of Business majors.
Faculty-Led Study Abroad Opportunities
Summer 2016 - Rome, Florence and Milan
Almost anyone taking any business class, including some non-business majors, can earn six credit hours while traveling throughout Italy this summer. Why not experience a new, “old world” through a delightful lens? Build your resume with a program that combines corporate visits (Ferrari, Milano Fashion House of Instituto Marangoni, Price Waterhouse Cooper, Banco Italia), traditional learning sessions, and deep immersion into the cultures of Rome (Vatican, Sistine Chapel Colosseum, Forum, Palatine, etc.), Tuscany (olive oil mills, delicious food, beautiful landscapes) and Northern Italy (Michelangelo’s “David”, Da Vinci’s Last Supper”, the Mall). Students also will visit mystical Pompeii (Mt. Vesuvius) and beautiful Sienna and Volterra and elect to visit, with faculty, Pisa (Leaning Tower), Como (Alps), or Venice (Canals/Gondolas).
The program launches as the 2016 Summer I begins. Actual travel dates are 6/18 through 7/3. Students must take six credit hours from amongst the following four course suite:
- MKTG 3650: Marketing Foundations (Dr. David.Strutton@unt.edu; (940) 565-3123)
- DSCI 4900: Global Business Analytics (Dr. Robert.Pavur@unt.edu; (940) 565-3107)
- MGMT 4660: International Management Perspectives (Professor Michael.Sexton@unt.edu; (940) 565-4925)
- BUSI 4940: Business Policy Capstone. (Professor Sexton)
- Email or follow us on Twitter @UNTtravelguy
- Join our Blackboard page by send one of us your EUID
- Check us out on the UNT Study Abroad Website