Are you a current or returning University of North Texas student thinking about switching your major to the G. Brint Ryan College of Business?
Before changing your major, you should review some qualities it takes to be a successful student in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business.
- Strong academic record – minimum 2.7 GPA at UNT
- Possess strong mathematical and problem solving skills
- Enjoy working with numbers and data
- Effective written and oral communication skills
If you do not possess these qualities, do not be discouraged. There are many opportunities to work in business. UNT has a number of parallel pathways, majors in other areas, which may help you reach your goals. Please discuss these options with your academic advisor.
If after reviewing these qualities you feel Business is right for you, or you have questions about being a Business major, you may attend one of our major changer sessions.
Go to appointments.unt.edu to sign up for a Major Changer Session.
Once you have registered for a session, please complete the G. Brint Ryan College of Business Pre-Major Changer Exercise below. You MUST complete and bring this exercise with you to the session to be eligible to meet with an academic advisor.
The following topics are covered during the session:
- General information on the structure and requirements of the undergraduate degree options in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business
- Courses to take as a Pre-Business student
- The process to officially declare a Business major
- Review of the Pre-Major Changer Session Exercise and answer additional questions
All attendees will have an opportunity to meet individually with an advisor to discuss his/her course schedule. Please plan for the entire process to last 1-1½ hours.
These sessions are for current or returning UNT students only.