Due to the COVID-19 Crisis impact on GMAT/GRE testing sites, we are temporarily waiving the testing requirement for applicants with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 from a regionally accredited (or the equivalent) institution. This emergency waiver is subject to change as the current crisis evolves. Please email Julie.email@example.com with questions.
The application process consists of two steps: Applying to the University of North Texas Toulouse Graduate School and submitting additional admission materials to the G. Brint Ryan College of Business. Click here to download a printable application checklist detailing the information below.
Apply to the University of North Texas Toulouse Graduate School
- Complete Graduate School Application via www.applytexas.org ($75.00 fee)
- Submit official undergraduate transcripts (all schools attended – via email, USPS, UPS, FedEx):
University of North Texas Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459 (USPS)
1147 Union Circle, ESSC Room 354 (UPS/FedEx)
Denton, TX 76203-5017
- Demonstrate English Language Proficiency as outlined at https://admissions.unt.edu/international/english-language-requirements
*Toulouse Graduate School completes a full evaluation of all international credentials. They also accept international credential evaluations from World Education Services (WES). Students with official WES credential evaluations should send them directly to the Toulouse Graduate School and also submit a copy to the G. Brint Ryan College of Business, Graduate Programs Office. Consideration will be given to credential evaluations from other credential evaluation companies by request. Please contact the Graduate Programs Office at RCOBMasters@unt.edu for additional information.
Submit Materials to the G. Brint Ryan College of Business (emailed to RCOBMasters@unt.edu)
- Essay of unique events, life experiences, and qualifications that you feel distinguish your candidacy. Should not exceed 600 to 700 words.
- Resume highlighting professional and academic experience
- Three (3) letters of recommendation either signed and on letterhead of reviewer or submitted via the recommendation form (downloadable form)
- Submit GMAT/GRE scores if required* (Work experience will not be considered in lieu of exam scores.)
- Complete interview if required (Business Management Cohort only)
Additional requirements for MBA in Music Business
Applicants without a music degree will be required to demonstrate their involvement and understanding of music and the music industry with examples of their portfolio including recordings, videos, websites, social media, etc. via their resume, cover letter, essay, and other supporting materials upon application to the program. Materials will demonstrate breadth and depth of musical proficiency and preparation.
MBA Applications Should include the following:
- The Essay (300-500 words) should describing the student’s musical experience, career goals, interests, and reasons for interest in the MBA in Music Business.
- A portfolio, website, videos, or other documentation demonstrating evidence of musical activity and experience.
Check Status Online: Verify the receipt of transcripts, GMAT/GRE test scores, supporting documents, and application status
- Transcripts or GMAT/GRE scores:
Use email and pin number provided via email from Toulouse to check online at www.my.unt.edu (you will need to activate your EUID)
- Supporting documents:
Email your full name and UNT Student ID to RCOBMasters@unt.edu. Enter “Application Status Update” as well as your name and UNT Student ID in the email subject line.
*GMAT and GRE information and waivers: Scores may not be more than (5) years old. Recommended scores: GMAT 520-570 or GRE 153 verbal/154 quant. You must request official scores be sent to the Toulouse Graduate School at UNT. You can submit unofficial scores to RCOBMasters@unt.edu.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Conditions for G. Brint Ryan College of Business MBA and MS Applicants:
For Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 Applicants: Due to the Covid-19 Crisis and the impact on testing sites, we will waive the testing requirement for applicants with a cumulative or last-60-hour GPA of 3.0 from a regionally accredited (or the equivalent) institution.
For Fall 2022 Applicants (and all semesters following), the standard GMAT/GRE waiver conditions apply:
- Testing is waived for applicants who have earned a doctoral or professional doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Testing is waived for applicants with a Master’s degree and a 3.5 GPA from a regionally accredited institution.
- Testing is waived for applicants with a Bachelor’s degree and a 3.5 GPA (either cumulatively or last-60-hour) from a regionally accredited institution.
MS IN ACCOUNTING AND MS IN TAXATION
- A waiver of the GMAT/GRE will be considered for applicants who have an earned doctoral or professional doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution, or its equivalent.
- A waiver of the GMAT/GRE will be considered for applicants who have an earned master's degree from a regionally accredited institution, or its equivalent, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher on the master's degree.
- A waiver of the GMAT/GRE will be considered for UNT Honors College graduates with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- A waiver of the GMAT/GRE will be considered for the Master of Science in Accounting and Master of Science in Taxation programs for students with a bachelor’s degree in business from UNT, or any other AACSB accredited institution, with a cumulative, or last 60 hour GPA, of 3.5 or higher.