Spring 2023 Applications to the MBA and MS in Business Analytics and MS in Information Systems & Technologies will not be accepted after October 22, 2022.
Any applications received after October 22 will be deferred to Fall 2023.
All applications in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business are reviewed holistically. Click here to download a printable application checklist.
One-on-one Advising for Prospective students: Schedule an individual appointment here
- Apply online: Complete UNT Toulouse Graduate School Application via https://goapplytexas.org/ ($75.00 fee)
- Select UNT Denton, semester, MS or MBA program (If in doubt, please email Julie.Jernigan@unt.edu to verify if your desired program offers a start date during your desired starting semester)
- Note: If you are applying to the MBA and do not see your concentration, select “Business Administration” and select your concentration later in the application
- Official Transcripts:
- Request that all colleges/universities in the U.S. from which you earned course credit submit official transcripts directly to UNT.
- Domestic Applicants: Send transcripts from all previously attended institutions, directly from the institutions to GradAdmission@unt.edu. UNT Alumni are not required to submit transcripts except for institutions attended after leaving UNT.
- International Applicants: Upload copies of official transcripts, mark sheets, and degree certificates through myUNT portal under a single pdf.
- Activate EUID and My.UNT: Within 3 to 7 business days of applying, you will receive email and pin number via email from Toulouse Graduate School to my.unt.edu. Activate your EUID.
- Upload required documents: Through task list on my.unt.edu
- Statement of Purpose to include summary of unique events, life experiences, and qualifications that you feel distinguish your candidacy. Should not exceed 600 to 700 words (see below for MBA Music SOP).
- Three (3) letters/forms of recommendation either signed and on letterhead of reviewer or submitted via the recommendation form (downloadable form). The applicant may upload these to My.UNT or the recommender(s) may email them directly to RCoBMasters@unt.edu.
- Additional uploads for International Applicants:
- Individual marksheets/transcripts (saved as a single, legible PDF)
- Degree certificate/diploma
- English Language Proficiency scores should be sent directly to UNT (https://admissions.unt.edu/international/english-language-requirements)
- Third-party evaluations are not required, but UNT Graduate Admission Processing will accept credential evaluations from any member organizations of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) found at https://www.naces.org/members.
- SOP Requirement for MBA in Music Business Applicants: In lieu of above SOP, submit 300 to 500 words describing musical experience, career goals, interests, and reasons for interest in the MBA in Music Business. Include links(s) to portfolio, website, and/or videos evidence of musical activity and experience.
- GMAT/GRE scores: Submit directly to Toulouse Graduate School (GRE code is 6481). Testing waiver conditions provided below*
- Interview (applicants to Business Management and Sport Entertainment Management Cohorts only)
*GMAT/GRE WAIVER POLICY:
- Testing is waived for applicants who have earned a doctoral or professional doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Testing is waived for applicants with a Master’s degree and a 3.5 GPA from a regionally accredited institution.
- Testing is waived for applicants with a Bachelor’s degree and a 3.5 GPA (either cumulatively or last-60-hour) from a regionally accredited institution
Determining GMAT/GRE waiver eligibility:
If an applicant qualifies for a waiver of test scores, the waiver will be extended automatically upon verification of the applicant’s GPA. Work experience or other assessments will not be considered in lieu of GMAT or GRE exam scores. If you attended U.S. institutions, you may email copies of transcripts to Julie.Jernigan@unt.edu to determine eligibility of testing waiver prior to applying. If you attended international institutions, your eligibility will be determined after you apply and your transcripts are evaluated. If you have an evaluation from a NACES member (https://www.naces.org/members.), you may email a copy to Julie.Jernigan@unt.edu prior to applying to confirm eligibility based on cumulative GPA. Last-60-credit hour GPA will be confirmed by UNT international evaluators.
If test score requirement is not waived:
Scores may not be more than (5) years old. Recommended scores: GMAT 520-570 or GRE 153 verbal/154 quant. Applicants may test at a testing center or take the test via online format. You must request official scores be sent to the Toulouse Graduate School at UNT. You can submit unofficial scores to RCOBMasters@unt.edu.