GMAT & GRE Resources
Need to take the GMAT or GRE? To help prepare you for these exams we are providing general information about the exams and have compiled some of the best resources offered.
GMAT vs. GRE: Structure and Scoring
|Length||3 hours and 30 minutes||3 hours and 45 minutes|
|Number of Essays||1||2|
|Number of Multiple-Choice Questions||90||80 + 20 unscored research questions|
|Number of Sections||4||6 (Including an unscored research section)|
|Composite Scoring||Composite GMAT score ranges from 200-800, in ten-point increments||Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning each have score ranges of 130-170, in one-point increments, for a total score of 260-340|
|How Long Are Scores Valid?||5 years||5 years|
The G. Brint Ryan Graduate Programs Office does not consider the Analytical Writing section of the GMAT or GRE for admission decisions.
- The UNT Learning Center provides a GRE preparation course as well as free study materials for both the GMAT and GRE. Check out these resources on their website: https://learningcenter.unt.edu/EntranceExamPrep
- Kaplan Test Prep offers free GMAT resources: https://www.kaptest.com/gmat
- Find free and paid services for the GMAT and GRE on the Princeton Review website: https://www.princetonreview.com/
- Cambridge Education Services: http://www.cambridgeed.com/
- Khan Academy offers GMAT specific videos. In these videos, the instructor works through the 249 problem solving questions and 155 data sufficiency questions in the 11th edition of the official GMAC GMAT Review.