G. Brint Ryan College of Business Graduate Track Pathways
A Grad Track Pathway is a program option for undergraduates planning to complete a graduate program in the G Brint Ryan College of Business. A student admitted in the Grad Track program may enroll in a limited amount of graduate coursework that will apply towards completion of the bachelor’s degree and then transfer to the graduate degree. The G. Brint Ryan College of Business offers two Grad Track Pathways:
Students earning a BBA in Finance applying to the MS in Finance
- Finance Pathway Courses (6 hours taken from)
- FINA 4310 – Valuation and Financial Decisions with FINA 5310 - Advanced. Topics in Financial Management
- FINA 4400 – Financial Markets and Institutions with FINA 5400 – Financial Markets and Institutions
- FINA 4500 – International Finance with FINA 5500 – International Financial Management
Students earning a BBA in Business Analytics applying to the MS in Business Analytics
- Business Analytics Pathway Courses (All 9 hours can be used)
- BCIS 4660 – Intro to Data Warehousing with BCIS 5610 Enterprise Data Warehouse
- DSCI 4520 – Introduction to Data Mining with DSCI 5240 – Data Mining
- DSCI 4330 – Enterprise Applications of Business Intelligence/Analytics with DSCI 5330 – Enterprise Applications of Business Intelligence
Benefits of Grad Track
- Earn your MS in less time
- Cut expenses as students will be charged undergraduate tuition rates
- Prepares the student for the rigors of graduate-level coursework while still an undergraduate.
- Provides uninterrupted continuity of the knowledge gained as an undergraduate to graduate-level courses.
How Grad Track Works
- Apply for the Grad Track Pathway through the RCoB Graduate Programs Office. To earn conditional admission to the Grad Track Pathway, students must be in their junior year, must have completed at least 75 credit hours of a bachelor’s degree, and will be required to hold a 3.5 GPA at the time of application and at final admission to the master’s program.
- In the senior year, prior to graduation, students admitted conditionally to a Grad Track Pathway should apply for full admission to the MS degree (See Admission Criteria Below).
- After a student has been admitted to the Grad Track Program grades earned in graduate level courses while officially registered as an undergraduate student will count towards the student’s cumulative undergraduate GPA and be used for undergraduate degree completion.
- Graduate credit will apply toward the student’s MS degree hours for degree completion.
Junior Year Conditional Grad Track Pathway Admission
- Submit the Toulouse Graduate School’s “Conditional Admission and Advisor Course Approval Form” to the graduate coordinator of the Grad Track Pathway.
- Senior Year Full Admission
- Essay of unique events, life experiences, and qualifications that you feel distinguish your candidacy. Should not exceed 600 to 700 words.
- Resume highlighting professional and academic experience
- Three (3) letters of recommendation either signed and on letterhead of reviewer or submitted via the recommendation form (downloadable form)
- Standardized Test Scores: Final admission will demand a 3.5 GPA at the time of application, which will qualify the student for a GMAT/GRE waiver, successful completion of all Grad Track Pathway courses with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
Please email admission documents with your full name and UNT Student ID to RCoBMasters@unt.edu . Enter “Application Status Update” as well as your name and UNT Student ID in the email subject line.
Questions? Contact the G. Brint Ryan College of Business Graduate Programs Office at RCoBMasters@unt.edu