The health and safety of our students, staff and faculty are top priority to us. In conjunction with UNT’s response to the COVID-19 virus, the G. Brint Ryan College of Business academic advising office has transitioned all advising services to a virtual setting.
Advising Appointments: We assure you that RCOB advising staff is still here to serve you and help you through your academic journey. We encourage students to continue to schedule advising appointments:
- Current RCOB Students: Schedule an individual appointment at appointments.unt.edu (select “G. Brint Ryan College of Business Major”)
- UNT Student Changing Major to RCOB: Schedule a group appointment at appointments.unt.edu (select “Major Change to G. Brint Ryan College of Business”)
- Prospective Students: Email Shelbi.Rankin@unt.edu
**Students will receive the link to access Zoom (an online appointment platform accessible by computer or phone) upon scheduling the session. For UNT students, this communication will be sent to your UNT email account.**
Zoom session interruptions: Because of the increase in the internet traffic across the US, we may experience service interruptions during our Zoom sessions. Unfortunately, such interruptions are outside our control. If an interruption occurs during your meeting with an advisor, please try to reconnect using the link you used for your original connection and we will try to connect you with the same advisor whenever possible. If you cannot connect with us because of a more significant service outage, please send us an email at RCOBAdvising@unt.edu with your name, UNT student ID number and details about the interrupted meeting and we will try to assist you.
On-call Advisor: We will have an on-call advisor available to answer quick questions from students Monday 9-10 AM and 2-4 PM, Tuesday-Friday 9-11 AM and 2-4 PM.
- To connect with the on-call advisor, go to https://unt.zoom.us/j/279049225 or call into the Zoom meeting at 253-215-8782, meeting ID 279 049 225.
- DO NOT use the on-call advisor link for your scheduled advising appointments, instead use the link sent directly to your UNT email account.
- You will remain in a “virtual waiting room” and the advisor will assist in the order you arrive. If the on-call advisor determines that your question cannot be answered in under 3-5 minutes or requires consultations with additional advising staff, we will ask you to schedule an advising appointment or send us an email at RCOBAdvising@unt.edu.
Other questions: Please email RCOBAdvising@unt.edu if you have any questions or concerns or require a different method of advising. Please include your name, UNT student ID number and a detailed message. We appreciate your patience during this time as we expect a larger volume of messages. Your emails are important to us but response times may be a bit delayed.
For updated information on university plans during this time, please make sure you are signed up for Eagle Alerts. Continue to watch your UNT email for regular updates and visit UNT Health Alerts for information regarding UNT’s response and preparedness to this situation.