The Department of Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Law (FIREL) trains professionals to manage successfully all financial aspects of a firm, and to manage and work within financial institutions, their regulatory bodies, investment firms and mortgage banks. It prepares students for careers in life insurance marketing, brokerage, underwriting and risk management in the insurance industry.
Our vision is to adapt its programs and course offerings to meet the needs of industry in a rapidly changing global environment. The Department strives to better prepare its students to be leaders in this dynamic environment.
The department educates individuals in real estate finance and investment, brokerage, and appraisal. The business law curriculum prepares business managers to function in the increasingly complex legal environment of business. All programs within the department prepare the student for more advanced professional work or schools and/or a successful career in business.
Students generate valuable industry contacts by participating in our student chapters of:
- Real Estate Club
- Gamma Iota Sigma
- Student Investment Group
- Students Reactivate UNT Financial Management Association (C. Steven Cole Chapter)
- Vote for Team UNT for the People’s Choice Award in the MBA Investment Case Study Challenge
- Student Investment Group Competition Winners Appear on CNBC's Closing Bell
- UNT Offers New Dual Degree Program with Burgundy School of Business in France
- Congratulations to the College of Business Faculty Award Winners