Applicants to the Professional Leadership Program must meet the minimum requirements as stated below
- Junior or above student status (59 hours or more) by Fall 2018, Grad students accepted*
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Must provide Two UNT staff/ faculty or professionals and their emails as references. A confidential survey of recommendation will be sent to those deemed necessary by the PLP staff during the application process
- Good conduct and financial standing with the University
*Classification and GPA considerations outside of those listed above are made on a case by case basis following the completion of this application.
Top business executives in the DFW area provide coaching, mentoring, objectivity and sound guidance on issues affecting career and professional development to members of PLP.
The objectives of the Executive Mentoring Program are:
- Help the student develop his or her career vision
- Create an environment that allows for professional development in business and social settings
- Take the student from “college” thinking to professional thinking
- Provide resources that will aid the student in career decisions
- Provide professional and social networking opportunities.
Program topics are held every Wednesday from 4:00 pm-6:00pm.
- Resume Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Money Management
- Servant Leadership
- Professional Dress
- Entering the Workforce
- Dining Etiquette
- Negotiating Skills
- Personal Branding
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Experiences of an Entrepreneur
- Ethics & Integrity
- Do's & Don'ts of the first 90 Days
How to Apply
Applications will open for the 2018-2019 academic year in December 2017.