College of Business Ambassadors is an elite group of student volunteers who serve as the face of the UNT College of Business and positively represent the college at on and off campus events. College of Business Ambassadors will provide outreach to prospective and current students and may provide assistance with tours of the Business Leadership Building. To be selected as a College of Business Ambassador is an honor and excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth. College of Business Ambassadors possess strong interpersonal skills, leadership qualities, a genuine interest in meeting new people, and a sense of pride in the College of Business and the University of North Texas.
- Gain a greater understanding of UNT and the College of Business
- Meet and network with alumni, business leaders, campus administrators, legislators, and future students
- Sharpen communication and public speaking skills
- Improve interpersonal and conversational skills while gaining professional experience
- Enhance confidence when speaking and interacting with the community
- Gain leadership skills by participating as a member of the College of Business Dean’s Council of Business Leaders
- College of Business Ambassadors will be featured on the College of Business website
Required Event Attendance
Ambassadors are required to attend monthly meetings and 4 additional events per semester. Possible events include:
- NT Preview
- NT Premiere
- Mean Green Merit
- On and off campus recruitment events
- College of Business Career and Internship Fair
- Conduct BLB tours
- CoB Distinguished Speaker Series
- Special events hosted by the Dean
- Special events hosted by CoB departments
- Serve as a positive role model for current and prospective students and be accessible to answer questions to make them feel comfortable and welcome
- Interact with faculty and staff involved in the recruitment of students
- Provide outreach to prospective and current students
- Become well versed in College of Business programs, opportunities, history, etc.
- Represent all areas and organizations of the College of Business equally and accurately at all times
Terms and Conditions
Length of appointment
- Fall 2018 – Spring 2019
Training may include
- College of Business history and organization
- College of Business academic departments and student services
- Social Fundamentals
- Customer Service
- Working with diverse populations
- Tour of the Business Leadership Building
- College of Business Ambassadors will adhere to a uniform. The casual uniform consists of a UNT polo shirt to be worn with khaki pants. The College of Business will supply the shirt and the student will provide the pants. The professional uniform consists of a black suit for men and a black skirt suit for women – to be provided by the student. The College of Business will provide a tie for the men.
- The appropriate clothing will be determined prior to each event.
- Name tags will be provided and must be worn while on duty.
- Every College of Business Ambassador is a representative of the College of Business and is expected to present a positive image reflected in behavior, attitude, speech, dress, and personal hygiene. Clothing must be wrinkle-free, tattoos must be covered at all times, and jewelry should be kept to a minimum.
- Uniforms will be worn only when on duty. College of Business Ambassadors are responsible for maintaining and cleaning their uniforms.
- If part of a uniform is lost or damaged, the College of Business Ambassador is responsible for the replacement of the item.
- To minimize conflicts, College of Business Ambassadors should have excellent time management skills so that work and other organizations do not hinder their ability to participate in this program.
- College of Business Ambassadors are representatives of UNT and are expected to present exemplary behavior at all times.
- Exemplary behavior includes but is not limited to the following:
- Punctuality and Timeliness
- Positive Attitude
- Any violation of the UNT Student Code of Conduct may result in expulsion from the program.
- All College of Business Ambassadors will be subject to a security check due to the potential handling of proprietary issues.
- College of Business Ambassadors may not consume alcohol prior to or during a College of Business event or their office hours. Drug use or illegal activity will not be tolerated.
- Personal phone use, including texting, is not permitted while on duty.
- Gum and tobacco are not allowed while on duty.
- Accepting tips or gratuities of any kind (i.e. money, food, transportation, etc.) is prohibited.
- College of Business Ambassadors report directly to the Director of Student Engagement and Recruitment for the College of Business.
- Candidates must be a Business major and be classified as a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student.
- Candidates must have and maintain a 2.8 semester and cumulative grade point average as an undergraduate student; 3.25 as a graduate student. If the minimum grade point average is not maintained, the Ambassador may be disqualified from the program.
- Candidates must have completed two semesters in the College of Business at UNT.
- Candidates must be in good standing with the university and free of any disciplinary actions from the Dean of Students Office.
- Exhibit leadership potential and an outgoing, friendly personality
- Be able to attend events, both on and off campus, arranging for your own transportation
- Be able to lift approximately 25 pounds
- Display an enthusiastic, positive attitude with a good work ethic and willingness to perform assigned tasks
- Be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a diverse group of people and personalities
- Possess a genuine desire to help the UNT College of Business become a leader in education
- Attend all meetings/training sessions
- Conduct all Ambassador business in a professional manner