To report a problem with software, call (940) 565-4891, email CoBTech@unt.edu, or visit us in BLB 240.
Standard Desktop Software
CoB Faculty and Staff computers are configured with a standard selection of software (see below). Software updates and patches are installed remotely and maintained at the administrative level. If you have any software that you would like to install on your own PC, please submit a non-standard request form.
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office
- Acrobat Professional
Lab and Classroom Software
CoB maintains and installs all software on the computers in the student computer labs as well as the classrooms. Requests for software to be installed in the classroom and/or labs are taken at the end of the semester prior to the semester used.
Office available for download through UNT email
Desktop Security Policies
In order to protect the technology resources at both the college and the University, CoB has implemented a few security policies, which may affect some installation and operation of certain software. Please review our CoB Desktop Security Policy.
Microsoft Home Use Program
If you would like to buy Office Professional at a discounted rate instead of Office 365, you can do that with this program.
- Go to http://microsofthup.com
- Select the country to which they want their order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order Web site.
- Enter their corporate/university e-mail address and program code.
- Please contact CoBTech@unt.edu for the code.
- Use the email sent to your work email from Microsoft to complete the purchase.
- The purchase price is $9.95 for Office 2016.