If you are interested in receiving credit for your internship, please fill out the Accounting Internship Approval Form and submit the document to Christine Ellis, Graduate Adviser at Christine.Ellis@unt.edu.
ACCT Internship Class Orientation (ACCT 4800/ACCT 5800)
Date: November 8, 2017
Time: 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location: BLB 070
Why is it important to complete an internship?
- Employers increasingly want to see experience in new college grads they hire. A staggering 95% of employers said candidate experience is a factor in the hiring decision, according to an annual survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (N.A.C.E., 2011).
- Employers are creating and using an internship program as the best path for hiring entry-level candidates.
- Internships enable you to take your career plan for a test drive. It gives you an opportunity to experience your field of interest before you graduate.
- Internships will provide you with opportunities to connect with a mentor in your field and develop more contacts.
- Apply classroom knowledge to the real world. Preparing academically for your career shows your intelligence and ability to learn, but internships give you the opportunity to apply your knowledge in the real world.
- Develop and sharpen skills by interacting with people in a professional environment.
- Gain confidence.
- Could earn college credit toward your degree.
Tips and Points when seeking an internship
- Start interviewing early, at least one year before you plan to participate in an internship
- Sign-up for interviews during ACCT Interview Week through the Career Center
- Utilize the Eagle Careers to search for internships
- Attend the CoB Career Fair both in spring and fall semester
- Join a student organization and get involved on campus
If you are interested in participating in an internship or receive credit for your internship, please contact Professor Zimmermann, Faculty Internship Coordinator, Harvey.Zimmermman@unt.edu or Christine Ellis, Graduate Advisor at Christine.Ellis@unt.edu.
Connect with the Career Center to search for on-campus interviews, resume building, company information sessions and search for employment opportunities. http://careercenter.unt.edu/