UNT G. Brint Ryan College of Business Department of Aviation Logistics is proud to offer ACE CAMP 2021
Aviation Career Education Academy is offered in conjunction with Tarrant County College Northwest Campus Erma C. Johnson Hadley Northwest Center of Excellence for Aviation, Transportation and Logistics.
June 14-18, 2021
Location: Erma C. Johnson Hadley Northwest Center of Excellence for Aviation, Transportation and Logistics
2301 Horizon Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76177
ACE is a fun, interactive aviation summer camp geared toward students who are interested in aviation and aerospace. The goal is to give students awareness of aviation history, different career opportunities within aviation, preparation and planning a flight, the physics of flight, as well as the design and maintenance of aircraft. It’s an adventure where students use flight simulators, go on field trips to observe various aspects of aviation careers at local aviation industries & airports. Students will have many great opportunities, including a chance to fly in an airplane with the US Aviation Academy.
Registration Fee: $175.00
ADMISSION: (Application is preferred prior to May 31, 2021)
- Students must be U.S. citizens currently, currently enrolled in High School and/or just graduated.
- Students must have a sincere interest in learning about aviation.
- Students must complete registration to include payment, and filling out and mailing the following: (these forms may also be brought the first day of camp)
- Camp is first-come-first-served basis.
- If enrollment reaches its maximum, a banner will state that upon application and asks if the attendee wishes to be placed on a “wait list”.
Participants will be notified of selection upon successful registration. All accepted participants will receive camp information via e-mail prior to June 14, 2021.
There will be a complimentary tour of the facility for interested parent on the first morning of the camp.
- Introduce students to aviation careers.
- Meet aviation professionals.
- Learn how to prepare for a career in aviation.
- Learn how an airplane flies.
- Fly in the right seat of an aircraft.
- Have fun!
CAMP PARTICIPANT GUIDELINES:
- Content and delivery of the camp is subject to change based on community health conditions.
- Must wear appropriate shirts, shorts, slacks, jeans or skirts, tennis or sport type shoes and name tag.
- For safety reasons, no sandals or open toe shoes, no short shorts, short skirts, baggy oversized style jeans, and no facial jewelry.
- Must be on time each day or risk missing the field trips.
- Must participate in all daily activities.
- Are not allowed to leave early without prior coordination between parents/ACE Camp Directors.
- Will be removed immediately for inappropriate language and behavior, drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, weapons, beepers, laser pointers, electronic devices are not permitted and will be confiscated.
ACE CAMP COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
- All ACE Camp Participants and instructors must provide confirmation of a COVID-19 test taken, with results of negative, no sooner than Friday, June 11th (72 hours prior to camp beginning), and no later than the beginning of Camp, June 14th.
- Camp participants and parent agree that if participant becomes ill or develops COVID-19 symptoms, they will be required to leave immediately.
- Close contacts of a camp participant required to leave for the above reasons may be required to discontinue camp participation.
- All participants (or a parent/guardian for minors), must sign a Participations Agreement that details health and safety expectations.
- On the first day of camp, each participant will be provided assigned seating for class room sessions, and an individual back pack with required items for the week of activities.
COVID-19 protocols for the Introductory Flight with US Aviation Academy will comply with their COVID-19 Response Guide (provided).
Questions should be directed to Steve.Joiner@unt.edu
Mailed applications should be submitted with payment to:
University of North Texas
Ryan College of Business
ATTN: Steve Joiner
1155 Union Circle #311396
Denton, TX 76203-5017