UNT G. Brint Ryan College of Business Aviation Logistics program is proud to offer ACE CAMP 2023
Aviation Career Education Academy is offered in conjunction with Tarrant County College Northwest Campus Erma C. Johnson Hadley Northwest Center of Excellence for Aviation, Transportation and Logistics.
June 12-16, 2023
Location: Erma C. Johnson Hadley Northwest Center of Excellence for Aviation, Transportation and Logistics
2301 Horizon Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76177
ACE is a fun, interactive aviation summer camp geared toward students who are interested in aviation and aerospace. The goal is to give students awareness of aviation history, different career opportunities within aviation, preparation and planning a flight, the physics of flight, as well as the design and maintenance of aircraft. It’s an adventure where students use flight simulators, go on field trips to observe various aspects of aviation careers at local aviation industries & airports. Students will have many great opportunities, including a chance to fly in an airplane with the US Aviation Academy.
Registration Fee: $375.00 per student
(Application is preferred prior to May 31, 2023)
- Students may be required to be U.S. citizens to participate in some tours.
- Currently enrolled in High School and/or just graduated.
- Students must have a sincere interest in learning about aviation. Students must complete registration to include payment, and filling out and mailing the following: (these forms are found on the website and may also be brought the first day of camp):
Online Registration: The event is currently at capacity. Click here to join the waitlist.
Registration by Mail: Click here to download the form.
ATTN: Steve Joiner
1155 Union Circle #311396
Denton, TX 76203-5017
- Camp is a first-come-first-served basis.
- If enrollment reaches its maximum, a banner will state that upon application and asks if the attendee wishes to be placed on a “waitlist”.
Participants will be notified of selection upon successful registration. All accepted participants will receive camp information via e-mail prior to June 12, 2023.
There will be a complimentary tour of the facility for an interested parent on the first morning of the camp.
- Introduce students to aviation careers.
- Meet aviation professionals.
- Learn how to prepare for a career in aviation.
- Learn how an airplane flies.
- Fly in the right seat of an aircraft with an FAA-certified flight instructor.
- Have fun!
CAMP PARTICIPANT GUIDELINES
- Content and delivery of the camp are subject to change based on community health conditions.
- Must wear appropriate shirts, shorts, slacks, jeans or skirts, tennis or sport type shoes, and name tag.
- For safety reasons, no sandals or open-toe shoes, no short shorts, short skirts, baggy oversized style jeans, and no facial jewelry.
- Must be on time each day or risk missing the field trips.
- Must participate in all daily activities.
- Are not allowed to leave early without prior coordination between parents/ACE Camp Directors.
- Will be removed immediately for inappropriate language and behavior, drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, weapons, beepers, laser pointers, electronic devices are not permitted and will be confiscated.
ACE CAMP COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
- Camp administrator will notify the emergency contact number provided if a participant minor develops symptoms of illness or is injured
- Symptomatic participants must leave camp or get picked up as soon as possible
- Symptomatic participants will be separated from others while awaiting transportation
- ACE-Camp personnel will not administer any medication to a participant minor without written authorization of parent or guardian