UNT G. Brint Ryan College of Business Department of Aviation Logistics is proud to offer ACE CAMP 2019
Aviation Career Education Academy is offered in conjunction with Tarrant County College Northwest Campus Erma C. Johnson Hadley Northwest Center of Excellence for Aviation, Transportation and Logistics.
June 10-14, 2019
ACE is a fun, interactive aviation summer camp geared toward students who are interested in aviation and aerospace. The goal is to give students awareness of aviation history, different career opportunities within aviation, preparation and planning a flight, the physics of flight, as well as the design and maintenance of aircraft. It’s an adventure where students use flight simulators, go on field trips to observe various aspects of aviation careers at local aviation industries & airports. Students will have many great opportunities, including a chance to fly in an airplane with the US Aviation Academy.
Registration Fee: $350.00
ADMISSION: (Application is preferred prior to May 31, 2019)
- Students must be U.S. citizens currently, currently enrolled in High School and/or just graduated.
- Students must have a sincere interest in learning about aviation.
- Students must complete registration to include payment, and filling out and mailing the following: (these forms may also be brought the first day of camp)
- Camp is first-come-first-served basis.
- If enrollment reaches its maximum, a banner will state that upon application and asks if the attendee wishes to be placed on a “wait list”.
Participants will be notified of selection upon successful registration. All accepted participants will receive camp information via e-mail prior to June 10, 2019.
There will be a complimentary tour of the facility for interested parent on the first morning of the camp.
- Introduce students to aviation careers.
- Meet aviation professionals.
- Learn how to prepare for a career in aviation.
- Learn how an airplane flies.
- Fly in the right seat of an aircraft.
- Have fun!
- Must wear appropriate shirts, shorts, slacks, jeans or skirts, tennis or sport type shoes and name tag.
- For safety reasons, no sandals or open toe shoes, no short shorts, short skirts, baggy oversized style jeans, and no facial jewelry.
- Must use the sponsor-provided transportation for field trips.
- Must be on time each day or risk missing the field trips.
- Must participate in all daily activities.
- Are not allowed to leave early without prior coordination between parents/ACE Camp Directors.
- Will be removed immediately for inappropriate language and behavior.
- Drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, weapons, beepers, laser pointers, electronic devices are not permitted and will be confiscated.
Questions should be directed to Steve.Joiner@unt.edu