THE G. BRINT RYAN COLLEGE OF BUSINESS INVITES YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR BUSINESS PROPOSAL FOR A CHANCE TO WIN UP TO $10,000.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: THE 2020 WESTHEIMER NEW VENTURE COMPETITION HAS BEEN EXTENDED! DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC, WE HAVE CHANGED THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE TO FALL 2020 (EXACT PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED AT A LATER TIME).
In collaboration with Bruzzy Westheimer, UNT graduate ('65) and longstanding supporter of the university, the Westheimer New Venture Competition will give teams of three UNT Ryan College of Business students the opportunity to present their business ideas in a Shark Tank-like setting.
A five-page proposal must be submitted for review, and up to five teams will be selected to compete in the final evaluation round. Written summaries will be judged on the basis of quality, originality and potential impact of idea, depth of research and support, and professionalism of writing and presentation.
WINNING PRIZES INCLUDE:
1st place team = $10,000
All remaining finalists will receive $100, each.
2nd place team = $5,000
3rd place team = $1,000
To be eligible to compete, all teams must meet the following criteria:
- Teams must be made up of 3 students.
- ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE FROM THE RYAN COLLEGE OF BUSINESS.
- Graduate AND undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
- All participating students must be a sophomore or above.
- Each proposal must be 5 pages, or less (this does not include references or a cover page).
- Proposals must be submitted through the online portal (below) no later than T.B.D.
All proposals must include the following:
- Introduction – a short background with the key points your business plan will address
- Description of product/service
- Analysis of your market/competition
- Financial breakdown (pro forma financial statement)
- Business development strategy